09 December 2010

I did it.

Yes, I signed up for a new blog at WordPress.com. It's not that I don't love Blogger. I do. I'm still keeping this blog. And I'm keeping my internal corporate blog, also on Blogger.

But one of my 2011 goals is to launch a public blog about innovation and education and to be quite frank, all of the serious bloggers use WordPress, and who am I to mess with tradition?

I talked with some other folks who blog in a similar fashion and received a lot of good advice and some encouragement. I'm going to aim to post once a week on the new blog, but someone recommended that I have 2-3 months worth of posts up before I really start announcing the blog. I'm aiming to have another 5-6 back-up posts for weeks when I am too busy or I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say.

So there you have it. This has been part of my plan to establish myself in the educational space and develop a public voice. When I was a little girl, I would always play "actress" with my Barbies. They would be on movie sets, often as pioneers or brides, and they would be beloved by all. So at that time, Little Sarah also thought that she had the potential to be an actress, but more of a character actress because I never saw myself as tall enough to be a real leading lady.

Fast-forward 20 years and I'm not much taller.

But the conference experience I had two months ago helped me find my voice and helped me to realize that I have many ideas that I want to share more broadly. I've embraced my strengths and started developing my Innovative Sarah persona.

Tomorrow I'm giving a presentation to a group of learning professionals from Target, which is super-exciting. It's just another stop on the long road to educational superstardom, I suppose. It sounds so silly when I say it, but that is the goal...

xoxo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment