Austria!
I have had to keep this a secret until it was finalized, but I've been invited to keynote at an educational conference in Austria in April in a small town called Steyr. I'm so excited for the opportunity to talk about education and innovation, to share some of Google's practices as well as some of my own ideas. I think I'll have the opportunity to visit Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart (!) and also spend some time hanging out in the small village, which I believe is about 1000 years old!
Annnnnd Australia...
I cannot believe that it is so soon. I have most of my papers in order and now I'm just making some final preparations (cell service, internet service, sightseeing ideas), including the not-so-fun, namely shots. My arm is still killing me from my tetanus booster, and I'm only one shot into my Hep A/B series. I bought a few new pieces of clothing, but I'm struggling to find another nice pair of capris or shorts because they're not on sale here yet! Gotta keep hunting... or buy them there.
School drama-rama!
My plans for my research have fallen through, so I'm working on a back-up plan, which will be either research within Google or going the exam route. It's a bit hard to deal with right now with everything else going on, so I've decided to spend next quarter getting the rest of my class credits finished up, leaving the rest of the year for research (seven more credits). I need to bite the bullet and set up some time with my advisor to get this all sorted out.
It's the big birthday week in the Carr family
On Friday, Astrix turns 5, and on Sunday, Tilde turns 2. No big plans for them, but I might pick up a catnip mouse (or two) so they feel loved.
Continuing to challenge myself in so many ways.
I'm starting to tackle Chopin (finally). I'm feeling more confident speaking up about my newly emerging game expertise in class, as well as my organizational development growing expertise at work. I'm taking an e-reader to Australia to see how it goes. I've been trying some new recipes, including crepes that were a complete home-run. And I'm using Ultimate Tae Bo to whip my sorry butt into shape.
Yep, that's life -- exciting, busy, challenging, and fun!
xoxo
Sarah
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment