Damn it.
On one hand, I sort of expected it. I haven't been as fastidious with working out because of school and stress and when you go out on dates, do you really want to get a plain green salad with a balsamic dressing? But as I stared at that number I was seriously depressed and upset that I'm letting my fitness slide. Let's just say I didn't finish some M&Ms that I had grabbed earlier in the day.
It's not all-out assault, don't get me wrong. I have an upper weight limit that I call the "freak out limit," and it's 2.5 pounds away. Once I hit said limit, it's time for me to seriously examine my health habits to figure out what has gone so wrong. So I'm officially cutting down the sweets and going on a healthier diet. As far as exercise goes, I think I need more exercise because sometimes if I can't get in a mega-workout, I won't do one. After I work a bit more on my final paper, I'm going to go do the express step workout DVD -- only 25 minutes, but I need to do more frequent shorter workouts because I haven't had time to do all of the full-length workouts. I'm upping my water consumption too and making sure I have enough sleep.
Before you come down hard on me, let me just say this.
People don't become obese overnight. It's 2 pounds here, 10 pounds there, and before you know it I've gained a ton of weight and can't fit into any of my clothes. This is not happening. Not. Happening.
I have a lot of things to accomplish and I can't do these if I'm fat and dead. So here is to getting back to good health and making wise choices!
XOXO
Sarah
XOXO
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment