So it seems like life is just flying by these days. Someone mentioned the other day that graduate school will be over before I know it and while I think that is true (to some degree), I still wish it would speed up a little bit. I'm really enjoying my online learning class. It's the first class that I've felt qualified to take and many of the discussions are interesting. I wish I had more time to share my expertise in that class but it is good for me to stop and listen. I am fighting my way through my psychology of writing class. Thankfully it is credit/no credit. The professor happens to be the academic advisor I'm trying to ditch in favor of the instructor of my other course who happens to be the associate dean of the college of education. The problem is that he is really busy so my goal is to ask him at the end of next quarter, after I finish my other class with him. Otherwise I'll stick with Dr. McCutchen and hope for the best. I'm so excited for my final project in the online learning class - this is my mobile game. Adam has taught me how to do some basic programming in Javascript, which thrills me like you can't imagine. I never wanted to get into coding but now that I'm doing it, I love it. For my other course, I'm evaluating childhood writing for signs of my spelling development. That part excites me. Digging into the super-dry research on the topic does not.
And so it goes.
I feel like I'm always running around. Whenever I catch up in one area of my life (work, school, housework, well-being, hobbies) I realize I get behind in another area.
And so it goes.
On the positive side, I really am enjoying spending my time with Jeff. He came to Google for lunch today and it was a lot of fun. He still has stars in his eyes when we go and get a milkshake together (at my work). I beat him at ping pong after milkshakes. We're doing a great job functioning as a team.
It all goes by so quickly, doesn't it?
xoxo
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment