12 March 2010

The Lost Blog Entries -- Third Grade

For my Psychology of Writing final paper, I'm writing about my own spelling development from ages 4-10. I have been going through stacks of old papers to learn more about my writing at that age and I found something incredible -- a journal from third grade. I thought it was funny -- I was "blogging" when I was nine. Before that, actually, because somewhere I found a diary from when I was even younger. It's fascinating. I've preserved the original spellings.

Nov. 4
Dear Jounal,
3 days till my birthday! Nov. 7th! I will b going to Discovery Zone!

Your friend,
Sarah

Nov. 5
Dear Jounal,
Today I'm campaigning a lot. Makeing poasters badges and bookmarks!

Your friend,
Sarah

Nov. 9
Dear Jounal,
Now I'm nine-years-old. For my birthday I went to Dicovery Zone. I got a doll named Stacy, a new dress, and new books. Also I got many other things.
Sarah

Nov. 10
Dear Jounal,
Today we have early out. Wedensday there is no school! Today I brought two family histoy charts for scoial studies.
Sarah

Nov. 12
Dear Joural,
This school got two new teachers! A new second grade teacher and a first grade teacher.
Sarah

Nov. 16
Dear Jounal,
Today I mailed letters to, don't tell, Allison K. and Josh.
Sarah

Nov. 17
Dear Jounal,
Today I will ask the class of needs.
Sarah

Nov 18
Today I got to school at 8:00. I did not go home till 2:00.

Nov. 19
Today I'm busy.

Nov. 23
Today Alida is going crazy. So is Abby, her sister.
Sarah

Today I wore my new [can't decipher it] - hood. I also wore my black gloves.
Sarah

Nov. 26
Today Allison Kreger brought cupcakes.
Sarah

Nov. 30
Today I wore my pin.
Sarah

Dec. 1
Dear Jounral,
Today I will be kind to everbody if it kills me

Dec. 2
Dear Jounral,
Today I will give you a poam

Roses are red,
Gas tanks are grey.
Holy tamolies,
It's my lucky day

Dec. 3
Today Alli came back from the flu!
Sarah

Dec. 8th
Dear Jounral,
Today I will go to Santa's Workshop
S.C.

Dec. 9
Today I'm busy
Sarah

Dec. 10
Today I gave Mrs. Casperen her gift

Dec. 14
Dear Jounral,
Love, Sarah.

Dec. 15
Today Alli is coming over.
Sarah

Dec. 16
Alida is going crazy, with her candy cane.
S.C.

Dec. 17
Dear Jounral,
The bus was horrable.
Sarah

2nd Jan
On Saturday we saw Home Alone 2.

Jan. 4, '93
Dear Jounral,
For Christmas I got a Barbie doll house.

Jan. 5
Hello!
Goodbye!

Jan. 11
My report was nice. The class liked it very much. Today I brought a cotten ball from Mississippi.
Sarah

Jan. 12
Today Mrs. C is sick.
Today Mrs. C is back.

Jan. 13
Today I'm going to play Kim's Game Boy.

Isn't this a riot? It's been very enjoyable to read through all of this. Maybe I'll post a link to my paper once it's done, if anyone is actually interested.

xoxo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment