I'm planning vacations! In April, Jeff and I will be heading to the San Juan Islands because that was his birthday present (he selected that from a list of trips). I found a nice little cabin on Orcas Island that he really liked, so I'm securing some dates for that. I think we will go kayaking or boating because despite how much I dislike boating, Jeff loves it that much. He wants to buy a boat one day (though I am not thrilled by that either). There was a nice day spa on San Juan that might be a good place to get a massage! And we're hoping to do some walking and hiking or maybe take a bike ride. Jeff is thrilled and I'm excited to finally give him his birthday present!
We're narrowing down information for Hawaii -- right now it looks like we'll travel 3-12 September. We've decided to go to Maui and we've narrowed it down to two resorts -- the Four Seasons and the Grand Wailea. The Four Seasons is slightly more luxe and expensive where the Grand Wailea is completely "over-the-top Hawaiian." I'm leaning a bit towards the Grand Wailea (I walked through the grounds with my family when we visited Maui in 2000) and Jeff was leaning a bit towards The Four Seasons. We talked about splitting our time between the two. Where flights are concerned, I can cash in some miles and get my airfare about half off, which is sweet. We're compiling activity ideas. We're each going to plan a special day for the other person too, where you plan different activities without telling the other person what exactly will happen that day.
And it looks like we'll be going to Vancouver B.C. and/or the beach with my family this year.
And perhaps a trip to NYC in July for work (me, at least).
Phew.
xoxo
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment