And in case you're wondering, no, this post isn't about pills.
I plugged in my iPod and started moving my feet in the familiar pattern. My heart rate slowly climbed and sweat beaded at my temples. My breathing because shallower, more urgent, so I had to force myself to take deeper breaths while not trying to gulp air like a fish out of water.
I was an addict who was using again, though it was such a positive experience that I will deny that it's an addiction when I know that even as I sit here I'm craving it.
Here is the challenge. Here is what I have to remind myself. I'm not able to indulge as much as I would like to because I really need to be careful with my foot so I don't re-injure it. I'll be walking a lot today, tomorrow, and Thursday, so I'm hoping to do that without any pain and then hit the gym on Friday afternoon again. Ah, I can't wait. I really want to try this wii boxing game that my friend Shane leant me.
(random interjection -- Dani California just came up on Pandora and I have a craving to play Rock Band like you can't even understand).
I just feel so much better today and I can say that I feel a bit less stressed. This lack of exercise has meant that I have seriously restricted my diet in the last month which isn't fun for anyone. Did I mention I indulge in exercise because it is the drug that keeps the pounds off?
So excited to have fallen off of the wagon -- can I just say that I don't like this metaphor? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
xoxo
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment