12 November 2009

Crazy people

Dear crazy lady,

I don't know why you were so upset. It was only 7:30 in the morning. Sure, traffic was not super awesome. But you were in your nice warm SUV, talking on your phone -- so really, was it that bad? Besides, that's pretty much par for the course on I-405 South on a Thursday morning.

It was clear that I wanted to get into the fast lane. Why, you might ask? Well, as you might have noticed if you weren't engrossed in your conversation, there were two of us in the car, so we were migrating to the carpool lane. Even though I had my blinker on and was accelerating to make it into the space, you decided to accelerate even faster to cut me off. Because that's really not nice and I was going to come over anyway. Instead of slowing down to let me in, you continued to speed up and then proceeded to honk and me and flash your lights.

Now maybe this is just me, but isn't that a waste of time, energy, and stress? Did I change your situation? No, not a bit. Traffic would have been the same whether I passed in front of you or the person in front of you or the person behind you. Maybe you should just relax in traffic -- hang up the phone and listen to some music or an interesting audio book, or just look at the beautiful scenery and be thankful for your health, job, family, or whatever else you've been blessed with.

And besides, I gave you a nice friendly wave as I passed into the carpool lane. Hope you enjoyed traffic for us.

Hearts and flowers,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment